Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The rubbish on television these days!

So as most people in our course know...especially those that live on campus, in all common rooms we get Austar YAY! this is a great privilege to me as mum would always say "you watch too much TV as it is, if we got Austar you'd never leave the house" which at the time is fair to say accurate.

Though I've noticed at uni we mainly only have Channel [V] and MTV going and watch a lot of the music channels and basically never switch over to ordinary TV, not that we actually watch that much only if no one is around to talk rubbish with.

Now being back at home I am forced to watch ordinary TV, and as I haven't been watching ordinary TV I have gotten very far behind in my soaps (Neighbours and Home & Away) though I was already 3 months behind after coming back from overseas. Any who trying to catch up with them these holidays has been extremely hard, all these new people and story lines and I've decided they really are a waste of my time! But too move on to some worse rubbish...



Today while eating my lunch I decided to pop the tele on and on Prime was this competition show from America called Master of Champions and what I was watching was Interpretive Pizza Throwing - two teams who each did a different "dance of interpretation" whilst throwing pizza dough bases in the air, I don't know about the rest of you, but this seems the lamest competition ever! I couldn't believe there even was a challenge out there like this and that people were wanting to enter it. How do you interpret pizza dough tossing?



The next guy to come on was a little better he wanted to beat his own personal record of juggling fire whilst dancing on one of those arcade dance machines with the arrows and to complete 250 combinations on the dance machine in 2 minutes. The poor guy missed out by 1 combination, I felt sorry for him. It was very impressive, just to be able to juggle fire is impressive, or to dance on one of those machines but to do both was impressive!

If you would like to watch this show it seems to be on most days at 2pm on Prime for those in the country, but not sure about those with Channel 7.

Even if I felt that second guy who danced and fire twirled was impressive, the interpretive pizza tossing put that show into the LAME box! and after those two acts I had to switch over I couldn't handle it any more!

Whilst trying to find some images to put with this post as well as a link to some more information for those interested in the show, I stumbled upon another website which is for the US Official Dough Throwers team, it has video tutorials to learn off as well as dates of upcoming events, including a demo in Sydney in September!

Any who that's my little random rant about rubbish television. Maybe I will make another post later...we will see!

Peace Out!

No comments: