Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Melbourne Adventures...if you could call them that

Hello guys and girls or anyone who reads this (which probably isn't anyone except Matt, Erin and Hannah!). I have just returned today from 4 nights in Victoria's capital to wonderful ye ol' Shepparton...

Last Thursday night I was hanging out with Katie, Ikkin, Duston and Ricky Hoare (lol his name still cracks me up after knowing him for like 10 years!), and Katie told me she was heading back to Melbourne on the Friday to go back to Deakin Uni (sucks to be a Vic uni student! go CSU!) and to go see Dave Hugh's (sucks to be a poor uni student =( ) in the Melbourne comedy festival with her brother. So on the spot decided I still needed to catch up with mates living down there so asked if I could hitch a ride and thats what I did. After a bit of bother with Centrelink and going to pick up my car, we eventually left Shepp at like half 2.

I got dropped of in the suburb Moonee Ponds which for those of you playing at home is next suburb over from Essedon, where 4 of my very best mates (Hanora, Lucas, Undies and Justin) all live together.

In between me getting back from abroad and Uni starting which was only like 5 weeks, I spent most of that time down in Moonee Ponds just hanging with this lot, couple of parties, many adventures, lots random shinanigans and a lot of WII and Guitar Hero and net nerding! So I always have fun whenever I go there as anything could happen. This time however wasn't as eventful as everyone was working or going to TAFE and Undies had her mum and sister down to stay and Justin was being a prick and some new girl moved in who I didn't know and that left me feeling weirded out.

But anywho we spent the weekend bumming around, on Saturday I got my sushi finally! (Wagga sucks for sushi not being readily available) and we went out to a Japanese resturant that night as well, which the food wasn't as enjoyable as I had hope =( that day Lucas and I had also gone and hung with Baz over in Kennsington as he is getting evicted and they were having a open house and we were supposed to go a keep Baz company but got a little lost on the way...plus we stopped for sushi!


That night (Saturday) we had all planned on going out clubbing in the city, but everyone is silly and wouldn't come with me and Hanora so we went on our own. We were heading for this club called Bang! which Hanora often goes to and said would be fun, and the new girl in the house (Bridget) goes there so often she has a list at the door which gets her friends in cheaper and she arranged for us to be on a list that night which was cool!


Anywho this club Bang! is an alternative club with an area for Punk/Emo stuff, then a room for retro and dancier type stuff and upstairs is the metal room. At first it was lame, but a few red bulls later and actually running into people I knew it was great fun, me and Hanora danced for a solid 4 hours straight! It was intense! We only went to the one club as everywhere has cover charges and we are poor! But we left Bang! sometime after 4 which I feel is a good effort!

Sunday brought about some tiredness and very sore legs and feet from all the dancing (poor Hanora had to work) and my sudden guilt that it had been like 2 days without homework! YIKES! Though on Saturday i rose early and took a roll of film to make sure I was using the camera correctly. So decided Sunday was the day to take some more photos for our Photography Assignment. I don't know how well these photos will turn out, I kind of have the ideas behind them but keep thinking negative thoughts about them. Anywho everyone was again working, being with family, or being a prick, so Lucas and I headed off on the adventure of Maccas first followed by photo taking.

I had messaged dad the night before and asked him where abouts in Melbz were these specific things I wanted to take photos off and he had said Hoddle street near kew and Johnston street near Collingwood. Undies mum had also said there were some right by Highpoint shopping centre in Moonee Ponds. So rather then drive all the way across the city we thought we would go to Highpoint then for some bizarre reason Lucas asked me if the streets dad gave me were near the suburb Fitzroy and I said yes Johnston street runs through it. He then had a mad spaz attack and was like "last year when I lived in the city I found this mad arse house that i want to live in, we'll go to these streets and I'll show you the house!".

A little while later we were in Fitzroy and I remembered my dads cousin lived here and that their last name was Mohr and Lucas was telling me the street the house was on was Moor street and I was like that sounds familiar but might just be becuase of there last name. Turned into the street and I was like "this looks familiar, my cousins own that building there on the corner, and thats there house next door" Lucas was gobsmacked and was like (you're bullshitting me, that's the house I wanted to show you". Lol so it turned out Lucas had stumbled onto my cousins house last year and fallen in love with it...how freaky is that!

So we went on to take my photo's which was cool, cos we kept taking random streets around Hoddle, Johnston and Brunswick and finding cool things to photograph because of all the culture around that area. Hopefully these images will work and it wasn't too dark for them!

Monday we slept and bummed some more, Lucas and I hung out again cos everyone was again doing stuff. We went down Puckle street and got more sushi, then went back to the house and became net nerds. People around them are rich and stupid and before uni started we worked out we could use their neighbours wireless internet. So I hooked my laptop up for that to happen. Does this count as stealing? We are still in our house using our computers and they have not set an area limit on their wireless...is this illegal or just morally wrong? Your comments on this would be appreciated.

Monday nigth everyone pitched in some money and we went to the supermarket and bought food too cook up a storm...which I did! YAY me! I made stirfry with noodles for 8 people, I'm pretty darn proud of that effort!

So Tuesday brought about an early rise to shower/ pack/ play guitar hero all before heading off for the station to catch my train home!

Until my next blog, Peace out!
*hearts*
Viv

P.S. has anyone else finished their photography assignment or know exactly what they are doing for it? I feel lost!

1 comment:

Hannah Little said...

ok viv, sounds like u had a pretty good time. to answer your questions...wireless internet stealing- i think this is totally fine as th people are too stupid to set it up properly then they dont deserve wireless so i say go for it and keep stealing. photography assignment- i hav taken a roll of film but still havent developed it yet and i havent even decided wat i want to do so if it makes you feel any better. im screwed!
and i just want to add that im going out tonite as an 18yr old. YAY...but Albury aint th same as Wagga so i cant wait til i get back to Wagga. :)