Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My weekend with mummy!

So as a continuation of the last blog my mum came up to Wagga from Shepp on the 26th May to visit me for the weekend which was great!

Me and the guys got back that same day from our road trip to Canberra to see the Presets and Riot in Belgium. So showered at uni and headed straight to mums motel where I was going to stay with her for the next two nights and boy was it great to see her, I have missed my mum soooooo much!

That night mum took me out to dinner at the Monastery Brasserie near Wagga beach where Matt works. It was fantastic food and I enjoyed it so much more after living off dining hall food for like 5 weeks! It was cold the restaurant though cos some waitress kept going outside and leaving the door open and I was sitting next to the door. grr! >=(

On Sunday I had a bit of a sleep in and mum went and bought me some pumpkin pastry thing for breakfast! The we headed off to the Wagga Wagga Art Gallery. I wasn't huge on their set collection but they had an exhibition on called The Paddocks: An exhibition of life, by a lady named Jenny Blake which I thought was fantastic. She captured farming life spectacularly and if I wasn't a poor uni student myself I'd love to buy some of her work! I thoroughly enjoyed it! The glass collection was fairly good but I wasn't feeling up to looking at the collection properly but I will probably go back some time in the next 4 years that I'm here!

After the art gallery mum and I drove back out to the uni and went to the Charles Sturt University Winery we have on campus here. Of course I didn't try any as I was driving but mum really enjoyed it and bought a couple of bottles of wine. We both did the cheese tasting which was delicious my favourite was the bush tomato one, but mum ended up buying me a jar of their feta which was yummy!

Then it was off to Junee to the Licorice and Chocolate Factory which we had a ball taste testing the chocolate and licorice and learning how it is all made and then playing this skittles game using a ball of licorice to knock down the skittles in an old flour shoot! There was a good band playing which was nice to listen too as we waited for our tour to begin and the building it's all set in would be fantastic to take photo's off as it's half brick, half tin.

That night mum and I went out for dinner at the Bridge Steakhouse and had another fantastic meal! Then it was back to the motel for a relaxed night of TV watching and reading my book!

The next day was exceptionally hard as I had to say goodbye to my mummy, it was great having her here and was fantastic to see so much of Wagga in one weekend and eat such fine food but I really struggled for the rest of the day! I miss my mum heaps and can't wait to get home for the holidays and have her their everyday!

So that sums up the rest of my weekend, over two posts but it was a great weekend! Until next time be safe and have fun!

No comments: