Monday, June 11, 2007

Good aesthetics- changing my layout

So as part of the checklist for this Assignment #2 one of the things was too have experimented with templates, fonts and colours. Now I could have easily lied and said I tried and after a few hours of attempting to change my template and getting nowhere I was tempted, though this wouldn't have really been lying as I had tried.

Luckily enough I stuck it out and managed to create a template that I am fairly happy with! First of all I had to change my basic blogger template to a different one then I went about trying to find layer and skins on the net to download and put on my blog but unfortunately was trying with MySpace skins websites like Pyzam and Blogskins so they were rejected.

Anyway I did find one template made for blogger on someones blog skins site that I really really liked! Unfortunately blogger again rejected it and I attempted to then save the images as they were but couldn't as there was some copyright on them, so I ended up doing a screen shot of them in image ready and putting them into Photoshop.

After a lot of trial and errors and attempts and finding the right piece of HTML to replace I finally got where I am now. You can see by the screen shots my attempts to make a good template, and a lot of uploading of different sized images into Flickr and Photobucket. A lot of trials and errors!

I am pretty happy with the way my template sits, I got rid of the grey boarders after hunting for the code for ages and took away a silly grey swirl as well as getting rid of this green bar seperating the header and body, I changed the font, size and colour of the text. I think for a first effort I haven't done too badly not quite happy with the join mark between the header and body but it will do for now!

I love the colours I think they are pretty and I am so proud of myself for all the work I did to get there! Now I must begin my final post for my Assesment #2 so as to email it to Johannes!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tyveras Anquis said...

Wow, that is pretty cool *stares* I must try something like that