Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bit of an update

So it's been awhile since I've written a blog other than one for our class, so I thought I would give a bit of an update as too what has been going on!

Well on Monday May 14th tickets went on sale for Splendour in the Grass and I got up early to buy my ticket online I even missed my first class of the day but the uni network is gay and wouldn't let me get through to the queue. So I went to the next class to make up for missing the first and found out Matt (who I was going with) had his mum sitting at home ready to buy them. So in class me, matt and Lauren all sat through our class attempting to get into the queue and we did but again the network was gay and kept kicking us out! Grr!

In the end I went back to Matt's place and his mum was still in the queue but really near the front so we waited and managed to get our tickets finally but we missed out on camping tickets so we found a camping ground near by where we will be staying at through out the weekend!

The next week on friday the 25th May we had heard that the Presets were playing in Canberra, so An, Party Marty, Philo and myself roadtripped to Canberra to see them. It was a scary/ weird adventure I was driving and it was interesting our roadtrip. Just passed Yass we got stopped because their was this massive accident (because of all the flashing blue and red lights we had a joke going on that it was really the policemans ball, which probably wasn't very appropriate but meh!) and the policeman said we had to go back to Yass and follow the signs to Goulburn and we were like F@*k! that's gonna had and extra 2 hours on to our trip and considering we were already massivly late we were pretty worried.

Anywho we had a good idea to stop in Yass and find out if there was a quicker way we could get to Canberra and luckily we asked the right person. we had to take the old Canberra highway which was mainly dirt and windy as hell and after awhile cars stopped coming towards us and we were the only people on the road in the dark bushland. I began to stress that we would break down and a wolfcreek scene would happen to us, it was scary as hell! eventually we came back out on the road we needed to and made it to Canberra!

We were staying the night with one of Party Marty's school friends at ANU and we eventaully found the campus but couldn't find her building and asked every passer by who all pointed us in different directions. Philo thought it would be funny to tell people we were from Perth even though we had Victorian licence plates, but it was funny considering he was already drunk!

Made it to Elains place, got ready then went off to this club called Moose Heads which was pretty lame, apparently its heaps better on Uni Nights it was interesting though but a bit tacky!

We then went on to Academy to see the Presets and Riot in Belgium where we danced our booties off! it was so much fun unfortuantly it was only one half of the presets playing and he was more DJing then anything but he did play some Preset songs which was good!

That night I slept like a log and we drove back to Wagga in the early afternoon but not before going into town and buying sushi! OMG did I eat suchi! I love it and it was decently priced and was so good unlike the places in Wagga that sell Sushi!

Arrived home knackered as anything and then continued the weekend which I will write about in another blog!

No comments: